Enzo Woo's Blog

A collection of all the things I love

Enzo Woo's Blog header image 2

Henrik Sedin is my Inspiration

March 24th, 2011 by enzowoo

Being an absolutely avid Vancouver Canucks hockey fan, nothing would elate me more than the team bringing home the revered silver chalice that is the Stanley Cup. The most difficult trophy to win in professional sports, its alluring grace has eluded the Canucks’ desperate grip for 40 years, and while there is not a thing in the NHL that can top this achievement, something almost as good happened last season.

Henrik Sedin looks on

Henrik Sedin has long been one of my favourite players on the Vancouver Canucks, and a player that has especially resonated with me through the years. Although I am a big Daniel Sedin, Hank’s twin brother, fan as well; Henrik’s playing style has captured my adoration.

Henrik (L) with his twin brother Daniel (R)

A hockey player myself, I recognize, more than many, the value of the pass, a far more difficult skill to master than even a deadly shot. Requiring uncompromised unselfishness, a blazing reaction time, enormous amounts of skill, and unbelievable vision, being the best passer in the world is truly an achievement to be lauded. The ultimate embodiment of finesse, Henrik Sedin represents the many things to aspire to in life: sublimely gifted, incredibly humble, unconditionally generous, and an intelligent leader wiser beyond his years. That’s why when last year, he became the first Canucks player in team history to take home the magnificent Art Ross and Hart trophies, he firmly supplanted his place as my hero and inspiration.

Henrik (L) with Daniel (R) again

Tags: No Comments

Leave A Comment

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.