THE Journal

THE Journal is dedicated to informing and educating K-12 senior-level district and school administrators, technologists, and tech-savvy educators within districts, schools, and classrooms to improve and advance the learning process through the use of technology. Launched in 1972, THE Journal was the first magazine to cover education technology.

THE Journal is the leading resource for administrative, technical, and academic technology leaders in K-12 education.

The current list of THE Journal research publications is here.

9 responses to “THE Journal”

1. skye ferguson

Does the link work for anybody else ?

2. Tamara

nope link not working 🙁

3. Grant MacLeod

The link is still not working today.

4. Grant MacLeod

Here is a link that I’ve found.

https://thejournal.com/Home.aspx

1. skye ferguson

Thankyou!!!

2. AmandaKong

Thanks!

5. Erica Hargreave

This is the direct link to the EdTech Trends / Research on the site: https://thejournal.com/articles/list/research.aspx

6. Neal Donegani

Seems like an informative journal that is easy to navigate based on your interests, with current issues, opinion articles, features, etc. However, heavy on the US content.

7. raafa abdulla

I went over The Journal through the link that was suggested by Grant MacLeod (thank you!). My first impression was there were some ads from amazon. I thought if it is an ads-dependable website maybe it is not reliable. However, as I was exploring it, I found the articles, research and even public opinion were very interesting to read. Most of their publications include chart and diagram and the language is very easy to follow. I notice some other websites include some “fluffy” words that do not mean a thing but only reduce the reliability of any findings.

Any way, I liked one of THE JOURNAL research reports: “Education Tech Spending on the Rise”. https://thejournal.com/Articles/2016/01/19/Report-Education-Tech-Spending-on-the-Rise.aspx?Page=1

The report mentioned that even with an increase in hardware and software spending, there is a decrease in training and tech support budgets. The moving toward more online testing and shift to digital prints rather than the physical textbook were the main cause for this movement. Schools are now emphasizing on bring-your-own-device programs and there are many online courses offered every year.

In terms of the discussion questions:
    -how, and how much, is this Market Projection useful and valuable to the the broader community of educators, as well as learning technologies specialists and venturers?
    I think it is very useful. despite having some ads, I am okay with that. I think the information is valuable and let public to reply and share their opinion. There are many information about the current technology and the trend that is following.

-do you expect to seek out future versions of this report to help drive your own professional success, and also to recommend it to others in this regard?
    Most likely I would do that. I am very interested in their publications. They are relatively short and meaningful.