Hello! My name is Simin.

Hi everyone!

My name is Simin Rupa, and I live in the beautiful -senior-oriented- Vancouver Island BC-specifically- Parkville. I have spent all of my life travelling from places such as the US, Mexico, England, Singapore, Thailand, and India.  I am a ‘bag of all tricks’ teacher this year as I am the PE, Home Support, French Immersion, STEM English and Social’s teacher wrapped into one.

I’m a new teacher who is experiencing her first real year as a teacher in this pandemic, and it has been.. a ride. This is my second semester in the MET program, and I have decided to try and do two courses concurrently! Why? I don’t know…

I wish I had cool facts about myself, but alas I am rather ‘boring’ as my friends put it. I love to cook and overfeed -a grandma in a 24 years old body-, renovating a house, loosing the fight with my backyard, board games and video games round out my hobbies with photography as well. 

Merci pour lire tous ca! I’m looking forward to this course!

9 responses to “Hello! My name is Simin.”

1. SallyB

Welcome Simin! Beautiful pictures! Thanks for the Whats App. idea! Love it!

2. Siobhán McPhee

What you do does not sound ‘boring’ at all! Cooking and renovations are some of my fun things to do too. Those are incredible photos so you certainly have a talent for photography!

1. Simin Rupa

Ah photography used to be my main hobby/activity, I havent had much chance to really follow it the last few years, one day I will return to it. Thank you

3. PhilipIhewuokwu

Hi Simin,

Nice to meet you.

I wonder how you are keeping up with being a teacher in a pandemic. Obviously, this is not the norm and I wonder what challenges you face as a new teacher during these times.

Kudos to you for taking two courses this semester. I took 2 courses in the last semester and it is is not easy staying on top of the weekly activities while working.

1. Simin Rupa

To some extent I feel lucky that this is my first year. In a “if this is my baseline, everything will be easier from here” whilst I know this to not be true, I am pretending it is to keep me going!

4. SallyB

Hello again,
    I lost the thread where you suggested a ‘Whats App’ group chat?
    If it’s still happening, could someone share the link or invite me?

1. Simin Rupa

Sure! Here is the link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/HrwjgrpzJvkL5nTyJ8X5Lr

5. Joyce Lo

Nice to meet you, Simin! Thanks for the group chat idea. The last course I took on digital games used Slack and it was great to be able to connect easily with our classmates. I have never been to Parksville before, but that is one place on my list to go to after Covid! I heard it is beautiful there. I love your photos. They bring me a sense of peace looking at them.

1. Simin Rupa

Parksville is definity, a good “Stop” town. Living here, is… uh…. lax haha I struggle with sometimes for sure!