WhatsApp Group Chat

Hello all! I have attached a link if you would like to join the ETEC 522 Whatsapp Group chat! We had one last term for our 500 and found it incredibly helpful and a great resources to bring us together and support one and other. Please feel free to join!

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HrwjgrpzJvkL5nTyJ8X5Lr

Thanks Simin

5 responses to “WhatsApp Group Chat”

1. Siobhán McPhee

Just a suggestion, but could we explore using Signal rather than WhatsApp given the data privacy issues?

1. Simin Rupa

Hi Siobhán, I love your suggestion. Last term I held a poll in the FB MET group, and WhatsApp won by a large majority. I think a lot of members don’t want to have another spereate app just for one group chat which is why WhatsApp was popular. I haven’t heard much about Signal! Something to look into for the future.

1. Siobhán McPhee

Thanks Simin for the reply. I would love to join but because of WhatsApp new privacy (or lack of) policy I have stopped using the app. Signal has all the same functions but is completely private. Totally understand not wanting to introduce something new in this course, but I encourage everyone to look into Signal and stop using WhatApp!

2. SallyB

This is a wonderful idea! I will be joining shortly. 🙂

3. feras alachek

Thank you Simin for the intiative!

See you there!