A3 Venture Pitch – MyePortfolio

MyePortfolio is an application designed to help students digitally preserve years of their learning, and leave a trace of their educational journey.

MyePortfolio is an app that allows students to store, organize, reflect on, and share items that represent their learning throughout their K-20 education.

Elevator Pitch

Venture Pitch

8 responses to “A3 Venture Pitch – MyePortfolio”

1. luke pereira

Hi Philip, this is a great idea. I currently use one note, and notability that captures years of my course work such as pdf, ppt, and media related to all my courses in one spot. It is also all cloud backed up and with onenote, you can share notebooks of your captured notes in a class or entire semester with others. The question i have to support this Venture is how can this top the existing apps and platforms before it?. Perhaps for younger k-12, it might work but as we move into post secondary, there is need for a different version of the app, like an upgrade? so you can tier it better for different student groups as they age from k-8 and then 9-12 etc etc.

I do like the idea and a one stop access to all your learning is great. You mentioned that learners can have years of past physical notes sitting around, but with tech I’m sure most of the learning will be teaching with media online than physical books in due time.

But If was going to Invest, first thing I would inquire is; there are 1000s of note taking apps, and educational management apps out there and competition is stiff. You have to stand out. The option of having schools perhaps invest in your app, and allow teachers to manage student learning, and follow a students progress through the app would be another interesting idea from k-12, but its like a report card already, with all the educational learning catalogued with open access to both the student and the teacher. I do like the integration into an LMS so you have something there that can work.

Great job.

1. Philip Ihewuokwu

Hi Luke,
      Thank you the feedback and questions. MyePortfolio is beyond a note taking app. It is a solution that can be integrated with any LMS that will allow both teachers and students to document student learning from K-20. It will have the ability to document everything and anything including notes, pictures, videos, audio and any other artifact that can be used to demonstrate student’s work. It’s unique feature can allow student create presentations in any media type include Power Point slides, movie file or html. Also, a distinguising feature is it’s integration with popular social media platform that can allow student share any of their work to friends, colleagues and potential employers. MyePortfolio is an e-portfolio on steriods.

2. Simin Rupa

I enjoy your idea a lot! I found your Elevato pitch to be effective in communicating the idea. Your venture site had some supportive graphics such as your predicted earnings model. I have further questions for usage such as what do the levels of memberships entail, as currently what is the benefit to having annual purchases if the students are free and thus would have their own accounts. Whilst I lie your comparison to BrightSpace, I feel it relevant to acknowledge programs such as FreshGrade, Google Classroom and even Seesaw. How does your product further compete with these, as they are established and within many districts? Great job!

1. Philip Ihewuokwu

Hi Simin, my apologies for the late response. Firstly, the product is free for students who want to use MyePortfolio for individual use, but our revenue strategy is focusing on institutional usage. When students and other individuals such as educators are hooked on using the product, we believe this is a marketing strategy to drive school boards, or even ministry of education to buy licenses for the product. Google classroom and others are either a LMS or grading software. MyePortfolio differs because it provides a repository of all student work that is a manner that it isn’t a document management solution but can be used a presentation, sharable, transferable between institutions from K-20.

3. Siobhán McPhee

Hi Philip,

Great idea. This reminds me of a project the Faculty of Arts at UBC tried a few years ago where students were encouraged to create e-portfolios where they could showcase their work and share with potential employers or graduate schools. The elevator pitch is clear and to the point. How will you be able to survive if the app is free for students? You mention it being a cloud-based technology – so will you use an existing platform or create your own? The issue with this is storage and security of data. I think it would be a great idea if lots of students, teachers and schools bought into the idea – so there needs to be a clear plan for advertising and enticing people to use. I think the idea is great but I would encourage some more details on how to make profitable and operationalize.

1. Philip Ihewuokwu

Hi Siobhan, Thank you for the feedback and comments. Regarding your question on cloud based technology. We will have our own servers with industry standard encryption and security solutions. Also, as a cloud based technology, it means it will be accessible from any web browser. IT departments do not have to worry about setting up local servers or infrastructure to use the product in their environment. Our marketing strategies includes making it available for students and teachers free for individual use. Our revenue strategy will be getting into school boards and institutional licenses. My marketing strategy was all outline on my venture pitch .

4. Connie Sim

Hi Philip, I really like your idea! I found myself nodding to all your questions in the elevator pitch. I also particularly like the “Projection & Milestones”- it gives us a clear picture of the company’s goals moving forward. I would like to ask further about “Pricing Model”. What would be the different price points and if it is completely free for students, will this be a sustainable venture? Maybe a free 60-day trial will be more viable? In addition, are there additional add-on services for “Enterprise” and “Enterprise Pro” besides the number of registered users?

1. Philip Ihewuokwu

Hi Connie,

Thank you for the comments and feedback. Apologies for the late response. Our marketing strategies includes making it available for students and teachers free for individual use. Our revenue strategy will be getting into school boards and institutional licenses. My marketing strategy was all outline on my venture pitch .The different price points will be based on the number of licenses depending on the size of the school board or educational institution. The details on actual cost will be determined as we develop the product and conduct a feasibility studies.