A3 Venture Pitch – Ready 4 Reality

Hi all, please find my Venture Video and Pitch Deck on this site.

I would love some feedback for my venture, Ready 4 Reality. Please do let me know asap if anything is not functioning properly. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Tiffany

22 responses to “A3 Venture Pitch – Ready 4 Reality”

1. luke pereira

Hi Tiffany, this is a perfect venture for ASD and glad you done research on barriers and how the market in VR is pushing ahead. My question would be on the AI powered VR software (are you developing the software itself) and which VR hardware headset are you using or are you developing your own? Considering there are many out there on the market, will some of those companies want to sponsor your venture and provide the headsets also? However, then again, if you are creating propriety software, it has to be an app or at least android or a version that supports a range of headsets. The technical aspects of this venture would need more clarification but then again, i’m sure details would be provided separately to investors maybe.

Great job

1. tiffany ku

Hi Luke, great points! Yes, my team would be developing the software app and it ideally would be compatible with any VR hardware headset. However looking into sponsorships for the headsets is a great idea! Thanks for the feedback.

2. Josh Wood

REVIEW – Tiffany, it is clear that you have the passion, experience and personal connection to make this venture a success! Your elevator pitch was very moving and did an excellent job highlighting the need for your idea. There are many ways VR can support learning, and I believe this is a perfect opportunity to utilize this technology. I would recommend investment in this venture!

1. tiffany ku

Thank you Josh! I agree, there is certainly a lot of untapped potential with VR in education because the biggest barrier right now is cost. But with headsets becoming cheaper and durable, I can see the education sector start to turn their heads toward it!

3. Simin Rupa

Hi Tiffany this is an incredible idea! Using VR to support ASD. It seems this product has a significant startup, as creating a VR program is significant is there a way to incorporate that or is that covered with the further purchases. As well it seems this product relies further on the users having a VR system themselves, which may limit your user base. Is there a cheaper or alternative method for those who can not afford these systems? Your market analysis of the competition is significant and I like how you addressed direct vs indirect competition. Great job!

1. tiffany ku

Hi Simin, you bring up a great point about affordability. My vision was to hire a team to create the software app, which would ideally be compatible across different VR headsets, even the most budget-friendly VR set on the market- the google cardboard! Thanks for the feedback.

4. Joyce Lo

Hi Tiffany, it is great that your venture stems from your three passions: special education, technology, and learning design. Your interests and experiences definitely add to the level of confidence that investors would have for this concept. I love how your goal is to improve and better prepare the lives of those with ASD. As a teacher and parent of a child with ASD, I know that autistic children can sometimes be oversensitive or undersensitive to sensory information. Not all autistic children have sensory sensitivities, but some might have more than one. Sensitivities can make children feel stressed and/or anxious. I wonder if your venture will be providing alternative ways for autistic children who have sensitivity issues to access your videos without having to wear a VR system? I would also recommend collaborating with autistic individuals as well as parents of autistic children for their input to create this resource. “Nothing about us without us.” Nice work!

1. tiffany ku

Hi Joyce, you bring up a great point about sensory sensitivities as they are quite common. Yes, we would make it a priority to provide alternative ways to offer a similar experience without the use of a headset. I’m thinking maybe a portable projector? Any screen can also work as well, like on the TV or desktop, though it would become less immersive in those cases. And yes, the most valuable perspective of all- the people that the product is meant to serve! Thanks for your excellent feedback.

5. michael orlandi

Hi Tiffany,
    Your assignment was very well done. It was easy to follow, and you touched on all the necessary points we were to discuss for our venture pitches. Additionally, your elevator pitch came across as very meaningful, and attention grabbing. The only part I was unclear about (and this could just be me) was the role of Ready 4 Reality in assisting teachers, parents, and therapists. You touched on this in your “solution #2” slide. Is Ready 4 Reality something they participate in as well? or is it an additional tool the can provide to someone with ASD?

1. tiffany ku

Hi Michael, thank you! Yes, great point. I have revised that slide since you brought it up. It can be both. The person setting it up can be a “guide” throughout the simulation by participating on a screen (eg. phone, desktop), or it can simply be a stand alone support tool because of its AI powered feedback systems. It really comes down to how much guidance and support the individual needs.

6. Lyon Tsang

Great infomercial voice, Tiffany. Appreciated how you pointed at the “profiles of diversity” to illustrate the difficulty of using 1-on-1 or small group interactions to work with ASD students. The open-world mode is a nice idea, and I’m sure Ready 4 Reality would be more than capable of supporting something as basic as remote check-ins and meetings — allowing students to interact with a teacher / therapist from the comforts of home in a more immersive way (VR) sounds like na improvement already!

1. tiffany ku

Thanks Lyon! Yes, the open-world mode was an idea that I had later on when I was trying to figure out how to rake in more revenue hahah! However I did also see a big opportunity there in providing an additional support because it allows the users to learn when to anticipate certain social interactions/ situations. Great idea in adding check-in meetings, it would be even more convenient for therapists and counsellors for sure!

7. Feras Alachek

Hi Tiffany, I am convinced that the venture you are introducing is crucially needed because your targeted group rarely receives as much attention and care as the others do. As an ESL teacher, I have come across many stories of teachers, and even parents, who are not qualified/experienced enough to know how to provide ASD individuals with effective academic and social opportunities to grow. Your “about me” reflects that your personal experience with ASD surely gives you the drive and passion to give this project special attention for the best of the ASD community. I have to say that the slideshow is very organized and reader-friendly, and the slogan is expressive and positive enough to grab the attention of the audience. Plus, the facts about ASD in addition to the ones mentioned in “why invest now” are enlightening and help to contextualize the content. I believe, however, that you could have elaborated more on the problem part so that we can fully grasp the gravity of the issue. Moreover, although it seems that your vision for the product and target market is valid, I personally noticed that there is little evidence of the actual content of ASD support. In other words, I think it would be a good idea to show samples of work or materials that the designed VR can help the students with. I noticed that the first sample lesson is free, which is a great idea to test the product before purchasing. I was also checking Floreo’s service and comparing it to what you are offering. So, I believe that the AI part of your project will definitely take the experience to a new level. Furthermore, the idea of integrating real-life footage is a first in the field, and it is clearly a plus. Overall, I believe that your venture is a long-waited one, and it will have a huge impact on the SEN community in general. I should also say that your idea allows the addition of more features that can have further linguistic, academic, and social benefits at a later stage of the project. Your vision is clear, your idea is noble, and your plan is sound, so I would definitely invest in this. Thank you Tiffany

1. tiffany ku

Hi Feras, thank you! You have a good point, it would definitely be even clearer if I had samples of VR materials designed for this purpose and if this venture ever comes to fruition that will be a must. In retrospect, I also agree that more information could have been included about ASD to really showcase the gravity of the issues currently in place. I struggled to know which points to really stress since a venture pitch is quite short, so I ended up with safety, independence, and health. In a future remake of this venture, I would probably also talk about maintaining life long relationships and other aspects of the quality of life like housing situations and job supports. Thank you for the excellent feedback!

8. markmpepe

Hi Tiffany, congratulations on a very well put together venture pitch. Your experience and research into this make it incredibly valuable. I have taught many students in the past with ASD and I’ve witnessed excellent progress social stories, but this brings it to another level. I really hope that this venture can be realized, you have my support! If I was an investor, count me in! Great job! -Mark

1. tiffany ku

Hi Mark, thank you very much! I didn’t think much about this venture actually being realized but you have given me a spark of hope!

9. Siobhán McPhee

Hi Tiffany,

What an incredible idea driven by your experience and passion. I would definitely invest in your venture as I appreciate how concise your elevator pitch and venture pitch are. You clearly know your market and what you are targeting. My only concern is more of a question around the actual use of headsets: I have adult students who find them overwhelming and cause motion sickness so I wonder how children with autism might find the experience. I would definitely invest!

1. tiffany ku

Hi Siobhan, thanks for the feedback! Yes, that would certainly be something to look into, over sensitivities is quite common so I’m thinking I would offer a desktop version that can be used on any screen (TV, laptop, iPad, etc). Appreciate the thought!

10. Connie Sim

Hi Tiffany, this is a venture I would invest in! You have put together an informative, engaging and effective pitch. Using VR takes using technology to support individuals with ASD to a new level. It is evident that you have done your research well and your personal experience will drive this venture to success. Well done!

1. tiffany ku

Hi Connie, thank you very much for your support!

11. adriana silvestre

Hi Tiffany,

Your venture clearly connects with your passion and it shows. The idea is a great solution for people with ASD to learn about social interactions. Like all solutions it is not for all, as many others have mentioned some people might have sensitivities with the device, but I read about your solution of different modalities. Your pitch and venture deck was well-done and clear. I would invest in your venture.

1. tiffany ku

Hi Adriana, thank you for the support!