Virtual Reality Trades Discovery

Virtual Reality Trades Discovery allows students to explore all of the Red Seal Trades offered within Canada. No facilities or specialty teachers needed. Students can get informed and educated on all trades and career options through the program.

Please see below for my elevator and venture pitch.

A3 Elevator Pitch

A3 Venture Pitch

( Average Rating: 3.5 )

6 responses to “Virtual Reality Trades Discovery”

1. Josh Wood

FEEDBACK – Michael, you’ve done a great job highlighting the importance of the opportunity your venture is targeting! My worry is that to create a high-quality and engaging experience for students, it will take a significant investment. I have experienced a number of VR tours and the quality varies greatly. I have no doubt with a large investment the experiences would be engaging, but if they are not, these experiences might have the opposite impact that you intend.

1. analesa crooks-eadie

Hi Michael, I like your venture presentation it was very thorough, I would invest in this venture opportunity. This presents a lot of opportunities for high school students who are not sure which direction they want to take. I specifically like how you broke down the market and the opportunities that exist. This could be a good investment because it’s addressing an issue the nation is facing.

2. luke pereira

Hi Michael, we meet again! i know how you love trades and was happy to see how you create this venture based on that. I would invest in this but at the end of the day, the quality of content is dependent on the resources and investments to make it stand out and be something truly worthwhile. Also, I see from the national forecast that there is a huge divide in female trades so making your venture pitch inclusive to that demographic, especially young adults can bring in more investment.
    Good job!

3. Adrian Granchelli

Hi Michael,
    You have presented (very well) a big problem that needs to be addressed. I like your funding launch plan, with the top ten and then the rest. This would be such a valuable venture for high school students!

4. analesa crooks-eadie

5. tiffany ku

Hi Michael, I was not assigned to rate/review your venture but I saw from the thumbnail that you also did VR so I had to check it out, and I’m so glad I did because I see definitely see a need for your venture! Especially for trades support in the k-12 sector where shop teachers/ trades teachers are so hard to find. When I worked as a TOC, I remember being called in as last resort to cover woodwork teachers. However, because I was not certified, the students were not allowed to go on the machines, and I also did not have anything I could teach them. So any day that I covered any shop class was basically a day wasted for the students. This would have been perfect in that situation. I can also see your venture being integrated into regular day-to-day teaching, where the teacher can use the VR software to explain, or “demonstrate” something in a short amount of time. Another thought that crossed my mind while listening to your venture is that not all high schools have the same equipment. Different schools have different budgets, so while some schools can afford to purchase a new commercial grade machine to use and teach with, other schools cannot offer the same experience to their students. This can be another selling point of VR Trades Discovery- keeping trades education consistent and up to date with new technology!

In terms of software developing, it sounds like this would be a long journey because you want to include so many different trades. I wonder if starting off smaller and then expanding later on would help the venture take off more easily and quickly? Either way, love your vision and the passion, great job.