6 responses to “Venture Pitch: ProblemSolver.ai”

1. emma markoff

Hi Lowell,

Great venture pitch!! I think this is a great idea, and the market is absolutely massive – and as you stated – will just keep growing.

What specifically resonated with me was the discussion about the biases AI may have, as noting how softwares are designed for the majority of people reminded me of an interesting article surrounding AI bias and exclusion: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/15/technology/artificial-intelligence-google-bias.html. We can see this as excluding those by disability, race, and more. A more inclusive option is much needed. A remote work environment works for many, but not all.

I think starting off with a Zoom platform is a great starting point to address any concerns with a small number of disabilities, and once expanded into LMS’ and sales software, this has the potential to address an extremely wide range of disabilities (and to support a wide range of uses of technology, whether that be education, work, personal, and more!). I am intrigued as to your note on how this could be useful for sales software – what specific contexts could this be within?

1. Lowell

Thanks for the taking the time to reply Emma, regarding the sales software I was thinking about some modified programs that we have at Centennial College where students with cognitive or developmental disabilities start to work in the cafeteria and other hospitality related industries. This same AI technology could assist these individuals as they learn any software that is needed.

2. Nick Robitaille

Hi Lowell, I think that this concept has a lot of potential. It seems your venture is reaching an audience that is often overlooked in the design of various platforms. What I appreciate is that you have suggested targeting one main area with your venture, to begin with. I think that with many of our venture ideas (mine included) the scope may be quite large to begin with. By approaching it this way, I think you give you venture a greater chance for success and growth as you can prove your concept on a relatively small scale without needing to branch off into too many directions from the jump. I would, however, suggest adding a few more “bells and whistles” to the venture pitch in order to better attract potential investors. While I do appreciate the vlog style and personal nature of your pitch, I do think that investors would likely desire a more polished pitch.

1. Lowell

Thanks Nick, great feedback 🙂

3. Kelby Bacon

Hi Lowell,
    I think you have a great idea. Your venture being able to learn a users habits and (hopefully) guide them towards being independent with their problem solving skills would be tremendous. Having a narrow market and focus for your venture makes it possible for your goals to be very specific, which I think works in your favour for this idea. From the investors point of view, you may need more visuals and maybe a mock up example to get their attention and leave a lasting impression.

4. sheena outerbridge sjoberg

Hi Lowell
    An impressive idea addressing a largely neglected group. AI and all of its concepts should be inclusive and designed for anyone with basic skills. Your video, for a start, is one which reminds the user of how a human voice and face can generate connectivity and confidence. Good luck with the next step.