9 responses to “A3 Venture Pitch – CareerVantage”

1. Nik Ottenbreit

Hi Jennie – It looks like you need to give Google Drive access to your elevator pitch!

1. Jennie Jiang

Thank you so much for letting me know, Nik! I’ve updated the access and also uploaded it in the post itself.

2. Bianca Therese Joson

REVIEW:

Hi Jennie,

I think your venture pitch lays out the problem quite nicely. It’s easy to follow and everyone has encountered the issues you’ve laid out one way or another. I think this venture has potential because it uses one functionality that AI currently does well and it’s gathering mass amounts of data and putting data into some kind of category. I think the ability to harness profiles and see career trajectories is a valuable tool for career planning. It can show that not everybody has a linear trajectory in their career. I also think that the marketing for adults who have lost their jobs and want a career change is a smart move. In reality, career planning doesn’t end. I think it’s an evolving and continuing process.
    If I were an investor, I may consider investing if I see these following things:
    – Proper valuation of the company and projected returns for the investor.
    – Avenues on how to market your platform.
    – The details of how LinkedIn integration works. I feel like some kind of partnership with LinkedIn may arise as your company is using their name.
    – You mentioned in your reflection that LinkedIn might just copy the idea. I wonder why LinkedIn ventured into this business? I guess the current business model they have proves to be profitable enough.
    – More details on how resume help is given.

3. Devon Bobowski

FEEDBACK – I really like the idea of linking career counseling with LinkedIn. From an outsider perspective, it seems that career resources are either aimed solely at high school students or working professionals – bridging this could really help set the idea of finding a career path, not just a job description. For all the talk of lifelong learning in schools, the implementation of career counseling can be a bit dated in many cases, and needs updating like this. My concern is that there is great potential for competition to erode the value of your venture; a strategic plan to set your proposal apart and lock in a long-term position would be valuable to offer in the pitch.

4. Bradley Miller

FEEDBACK

Hi Jennie,

Thank you for sharing your venture pitch with me. Addressing the challenge of career planning for young people is indeed a significant opportunity, and it seems like you’re navigating this path thoughtfully with your venture. Your website provides a comprehensive dive into what you’re offering, although your elevator pitch felt more like a promotional piece than an investor-focused presentation. It was insightful to see your analysis of the competitive landscape and your venture’s strengths and weaknesses, most of which resonated with me. Clearly, you’ve invested considerable effort into developing your pitch, and it shows. Well done on all the hard work!

Best,

Bradley

5. meagan kelm

Feedback
    Hi Jennie
    Thanks for your work on this project, as always you have created a professional looking product and your experience, background and knowledge can be seen throughout. I really like the integration with LinkedIn and that you are marketing it beyond just students as I know there are a lot of skilled adults looking for work that would benefit from this product. There were tow thing that came to mind when looking through your project as a challenge one of which you have identified. If investing I would want to know what type of revenue could be made and what the numbers would look like to be profitable. I also think with data and security being a hot topic of conversation mentioning how people’s information would be kept safe and secure may be a selling feature and increase adoption of the service.

6. Andrew

FEEDBACK:

Thanks for sharing – what a neat tool! I found the emphasis on guiding students through career paths very compelling. I remember starting my degree in Kinesiology wondering if I had pigeon-holed myself into a career in physiotherapy… I would have loved a tool that showed me what else people did with my degree. I also appreciated the feature that would allow one to connect with others with similar educational backgrounds or careers.

I believe that highlighting what sets you apart from competitors in your comparison section could further strengthen your pitch. Next, while it’s challenging to provide precise numbers, explaining why you need $1 million would be beneficial for investors to make informed decisions, something I’m also refining in my own pitch. Finally, I see great potential for acquisition by companies like LinkedIn, which could be a significant opportunity for growth and return for an investor.

7. aturpin

REVIEW

Hi Jennie,

Before I start, I just want to say that I actually went back and re-examined your pitch, just to make sure. And I gotta say, I was THOROUGHLY impressed! Too many students have no idea what they want to do with their lives. I mean, yes, there are guidance councillors and the such out there. But those resources are not always totally accessible. I think that this is such a wonderful idea. It’s an accessible way for students to truly find themselves, to truly find what they want to do with their lives. It was actually difficult for me to find a question to ask you about this. It’s all here, and it’s such an important thing. I constantly connect with my students and ask them what they want to do when they get older. Too often do I hear “I don’t know”, “I’m not sure”. The confusion and the pressure can often lead students to, sometimes, do nothing. Waste time and resources, and often lead themselves to a less than perfect scenario. I think that you’re definitely on the right track with this, and it’s definitely a product that I would invest in.

Thank you for sharing,

Adam Turpin

8. Daniel Edwards

Hi Jennie,

I felt your elevator pitch was engaging and it caught my attention. Consultation for finding a job after school and job searching, in general, seems like a constantly needed market. However, you have taken this idea from an online tool, and upgraded it using artificial intelligence to provide personalization in a way that would involve a large workforce of consultants before. As such, your pitch was an engaging investment with a compelling idea behind it. Your study of the market share was well-researched with a list of competitors and information on each. Your investment plan was also well-thought-out, with a reasonable explanation of why it should be done, although I think it may be better to diversify the funding at that amount.

From an investor’s perspective, I would invest in this venture. From a customer’s perspective, I would join.