Hi everyone! Sorry for not being able to…

Hi everyone! Sorry for not being able to introduce myself earlier – my name is Sheza and I am from Markham, Ontario. This is my second term in the MET program and this is my fourth MET course, and one of three courses I am enrolled in this term. I am an Ontario Certified Teacher and have just gotten a job as a co-teacher in a Grade 5 classroom at a local private school until the end of the school year — I didn’t think I would be working full-time when I signed up for three courses! I hope I will be able to manage!!!

I started my career teaching internationally and spent the past two and a half years working in Berlin, Germany, Istanbul, Turkey and most recently a stint in Milton Keynes, UK. I am qualified to teach secondary school English and History as well as Dramatic Arts and ESL. I also have my Junior Division qualifications and the majority of my work experience has actually been teaching at elementary schools. Instead of a photo I am providing a link to my online “story” that I created in one of my previous MET courses that is a quick slideshow of images introducing me! Going Places – My Digitial Story

I was extremely interested in doing a Masters program that has a focus on education and technology as both are personal passions of mine. Through my previous MET courses I have learned how to create VLEs using Learning Management Systems and I found the task to be very interesting and fun at the same time! In taking previous courses I met other MET-ers who were working for online learning institutions and I was actually interested in the how-to’s of taking on such a “venture” 🙂 Having worked with so many English Language Learners, I think it would be very interesting to explore the prospect of creating an ESL VLE that functions as a school. I have also worked locally at a private school in Markham which has visa students come from China, Korea and Japan in order to complete their last two years of high school at a Canadian institution so that the admission process into university will be easier for them. Perhaps a Virtual School that offers these students an opportunity to take the same courses but online from their home countries would be a venture worth exploring.

Looking forward to working with all of you this term!

Best,

Sheza

Posted in: Uncategorized