hello hello hello

My name is Lyon, and I am writing to you from Coquitlam BC — I grew up here!

In 2017, I graduated from UBC with a BA in sociology. After that, I moved to Kingston (Ontario) to study even more sociology — a 2-year MA program at Queen’s.

There, I focused on themes that I thought were very applicable to the relationship between everyday life and tech — the proliferation of smartphones, the rise of “prosumption” (how we as consumers are also compelled to produce), open offices, and working from home.

The job search wasn’t easy at all, but the stars aligned last July when I somehow landed a position at the Sauder School of Business. As part of the “Learning Services” team, I help train and support both faculty and staff for anything related to Canvas — as well as UBC’s long list of learning technologies. My recent focus has been on facilitating online exams and assessments. Given the situation, work has of course been quite hectic — but also more rewarding than ever…

In my free time, I enjoy writing silly things — feel free to chuckle (or roll your eyes) at https://medium.com/@lyontsang.

Lastly, I would just like to say that the photo isn’t entirely representative of what I look like at the moment — a few weeks ago, I fell victim to a quarantine buzz cut…

Stay healthy everyone!

4 responses to “hello hello hello”

1. James Seaton

Hi Lyon,

What a job to have at a time like this! I can’t imagine how busy it must be for you as of recent. I’m sure there are a lot of appreciative parties out there, thanks to the continuation of learning you’ve been able to provide.

Anyways, nice to meet you, and excited for what you bring to the table with this course.

2. Mel Drake

Hello Lyon! Love the candidness of this photo, and I’m wishing right now I could do the buzzcut.

Congrats on landing the job after a difficult search. I know what that’s like, and it feels so good to find a role and a place to work that is rewarding and challenges you. How did you enjoy Queen’s and Kingston?

Nice to meet you, and look forward to working with you this semester!
    Melissa

3. Jamie Ashton

Hi Lyon,

Great to ‘meet’ you 🙂 So much sociology sounds wonderful, and your MA topic sure has prepared you well for MET and this course!

Looking forward to learning with and from you over the next few weeks.

4. JamieTooze

Lyon! Its great to see you! I hope we can find time for this course?!

I look forward to working with you in this capacity too!

Cheers!
    Jamie