Hello from Vancouver!

Hi everyone! It took me a bit of time to get sorted out on Word press.. but I think I have it now! I am Lindsay, living in Vancouver and teaching over the bridge in West Van. This year I have an incredible Grade Two class and have had a pretty great year. I moved back to Canada after teaching Primary for 6 years in Australia and doing a fair amount of traveling on my way back to this side of the earth!

I love travelling, getting outside, surfing and stand up paddle boarding. This is my fourth course in the MET program and I look forward to taking a course over the summer to help with the time management side of things! The past few months sure have been odd and I have seen some wonderfully great impacts with online teaching but also some major drawbacks with missing human connection. In Vancouver it looks like were heading back to schools June 1st – but we still await what that will look like.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Yesterday in sunny Vancouver.

2 responses to “Hello from Vancouver!”

1. JamieTooze

Hi Lindsay,
    It is nice to meet you and I look forward to working with you on Assignment #2. It should be lots of fun. My daughter was excited for me because I am working with a grade 2 teacher. She’s in grade two at McBride here in Vancouver and she said “grade 2 teachers know a lot about mobile games.”

Cheers!
    Jamie

2. James Seaton

Hi Lindsay,
    Happy to hear that there’s a fellow SD45’er in the group. I have to say, as much as I love some of the aspects of working from home, I miss my daily commute across Lions Gate Bridge. Anyways, good luck in the brief transition back into schools coming up, and I look forward to learning along with you in this course.