Home Exchange – House Swapping

Being an avid traveler, I am always curious to find new ways to lower the cost of travelling. One such way is through house swapping. I have not yet tried this out but it does sound intriguing. One app I stumbled upon was called Home Exchange – House Swapping. This app will allow you to swap your home with another guest, but there are also options to rent a place without a swap. This app promotes itself as being cost effective and has a community with “nearly 400,000 homes in 187 countries”. On the app you can search homes that are available, chat with other members and easily upload pictures using your mobile device.

This app is available only from the Apple Store for both ipad and iphone.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/homeexchange-house-swapping/id966112496

( Average Rating: 4.5 )

One response to “Home Exchange – House Swapping”

1. erin duchesne

I think this also speaks to the fact that we are more mobile as a society, in the physical movement from place to place not just in terms of mobile devices. When travelling, it can be very difficult to get access to an actual computer depending on where you are so moving the accommodation market mobile makes travelling a lot more flexible, spontaneous and safe because you can easily book a hostel, house, hotel room and may other types right from your phone while on the go.