A1: Informal, Formal Online Education Programs

Originally posted by Brogan Pratt on February 6, 2019

Informal, Formal Online Education Programs

For my A1 project, I decided to focus on ways that teachers can educate themselves online from a variety of different sources.

In my website, I’ve examined corporate training programs, online courses, and certificates for recognition of exceptional teachers in the field of technology.

The abundance of online education programs has for sure changed the context of education.

One response to “A1: Informal, Formal Online Education Programs”

1. LINDA ZHAO

I really enjoyed Brogan’s analysis of online education programs. The focus on programs for educators made the information very relevant and useful for our audience! I had no idea that companies like Google and Apple has their own teacher certification programs. If anyone had experiences with any of these programs, I’d love to hear about it!

The abundance of open and available online education programs has changed the context of education and the value of a formal university degree. Now that we can learn, complete programs, and pursue degrees online, I started to think about what is the actual value of attending formal in-person education? Two quick reason I thought of are:
    • Access to laboratory equipment and tools not readily available at home
    • Social and networking among peers and other professors for better collaborative learning and opportunities for informal learning
    Let me know what you think!