A3- Core Competency Tracker

Original post by Inhee Kim on November 23, 2019

Hi all,

Here is my A3 assignment

I work as a Resource Teacher in BC and find that it is difficult to assess Core Competencies. The Core Competencies are part of BC’s curriculum, but each school year is very chaotic and need a way to manage the paper work. I wanted to imagine and create the Core Competency Tracker – the Core Competency Tracker app can be accessed wherever by teachers, students and parents that brings success in learning.

One response to “A3- Core Competency Tracker”

1. VeroniqueBrunet

The Core Competency Tracker app envisioned by Inhee would be a great tool for BC educators. As a teacher myself (although a different province), it is always a struggle to stay organized within the school and classroom chaos. Learning skills and work habits are in the Ontario education system what Core competencies are to British Columbia’s. It would be interesting if the app would have a province feature, allowing the teacher to choose his or her province and then get that version of the app.
    I think that features such as communication with the parent, self regulation and student interaction make it a valuable tool for the K-12 teacher. Furthermore, it would be interesting to if it crossed school years allowing the new teacher can get an overview of where his students were the previous year in order to take them further in the coming school year.