A3: Global Virtual Collaboration

Originally posted by Sam Zimmer August 3 2018.

Hi all,

For my forecasting project, I chose to examine the opportunity for global virtual collaboration among students. Given my own background as a remote worker, and the growing reliance on digital technologies to connect geographically dispersed teams, I felt that this would be a pertinent topic. To me, this increased demand for remote collaboration skills in workplaces indicates a need for situated learning experiences that provide students with the opportunity to develop competencies accordingly. Here is my project.

Cheers,
Sam

One response to “A3: Global Virtual Collaboration”

1. kylie neiser

Throughout online learning I have been seeking other opportunities for students to interact with one another, share thoughts and their learning with others. So far I have been using a lot of Padlet and FlipGrid, however I know there are more opportunities to expand from within just classmates to others abroad. I am interested in diving into global virtual collaboration more because of all the additional learning that comes along with this type of interaction and learning. When doing pen pals with another class globally or domestically, students are always excited to receive mail from a peer and now it can be more instant with email. Students learn about culture, different ways of life and routines, computer skills, basic communication skills and more.