Introduction – Janice Roper

Happy New Year classmates! My name is Janice Roper and this is my 10th and final MET course. I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey of MET and am also looking forward to having this summer off! I work in Admissions/Marketing and also coordinate elementary after-school activities at the American Embassy School in New Delhi, India. This is my family’s 4th year in New Delhi, and before coming here I worked in healthcare Foodservice/IT in Nova Scotia. My Canadian heart is split between both coasts, and our summers are usually spent between BC and NS, although this past summer was an unusually longer time in BC while working with students and staff scattered around the world for a few months. We were all happy to get back to India and have had the opportunity to get out and explore more of this amazing country during fall and winter break. I enjoy running, biking, travel, and exploring new places with my family and friends.

5 responses to “Introduction – Janice Roper”

1. Evelyne Tsang

Hello Janice, Your camel pic caught my eye 🙂 It must be such an amazing experience to live and teach abroad. As an informal educator, I would love to hear about your afterschool activities that happen in New Delhi. I look foward to learning more with you this semester, and if all goes well, I too will have this summer off!

1. janice roper

Hi Evelyne,
      The camels in the desert were definitely a highlight of our December adventures! It is indeed a wonderful experience to live and work overseas. Our asa’s are looking different this year since they’ve all been online up until now, but it is a busy and interesting program. Hope to connect over the next few months!

2. elixa neumann

Wow! So many of us are just starting and you’re nearly done! How exciting!

I really want to work abroad again and can’t wait for the Pandemic to be over so I can build a new life somewhere else on the planet. There is too much to see and experience to sit still for ones whole life. What an inspiration!

Thanks for sharing,
    Elixa

1. janice roper

Hi Elixa,
      I noticed that there seem to be a number of new people, it’s exciting for all of you. It really is a great program and I mean it when I say I’ve enjoyed it. I’ve been impressed in course after course at how the instructors can come up with such meaningful and interesting learning activities and assignments.

3. lyndsay barrett

Congratulations on being so near to completing the program!