Introduction. – Mike Orlandi

Hello everyone.

My name is Mike Orlandi and I teach Tech. Ed. (shop class) at a public high school on south Vancouver Island. This year I’m teaching woodworking, metalworking and a trade sampler (carpentry, electrical, plumbing, machining and welding). The trade sampler course works with the local post-secondary institution which makes it even more fun to teach. This is my 4th course in the MET program.

Looking forward to working with all of you.

3 responses to “Introduction. – Mike Orlandi”

1. johannes dirk wielenga

Hey Mike, nice to meet you. It’s pretty awesome that you are in Tech Ed and taking the MET program – it excites and interests me just thinking about where you might take things with your knowledge. Enjoy the course!

2. jennifer riego

Hi Micheal,

How lucky you are to be a tech teacher. I feel like teaching technology studies allows teachers and their students to experience something often left out of education, the tactile aspect of engaging with the world. I look forward to learning alongside of you.

Jen

3. andrea newland celestine

I love that trade programs are available. In Toronto, there were not many programs offered to high school students. I would have loved to have that option when I was in high school.