On Site Animal/plant Id

The most interesting app to date, my personal perspective, is as ‘SEEK’, by INaturalist. The app uses AI embedded tech to help identify features in the photo from 30,000 known species. Not only will the app, somehow, identify plants but also animals. The most intriguing asset to the app is the embedded AI technology. The system uses recognition type AI software which allows it learns as it receives more photos and information. The app is also connected to the Wikipedia data bases and other related reliable resources. I love it!

https://petapixel.com/2019/06/06/this-free-shazam-for-nature-app-can-identify-plants-and-animals-in-photos/

One response to “On Site Animal/plant Id”

1. grace reid

Seek, and iNaturalist are amazing at mobilizing natural curiosity and our surrounding environment. I find Seek helpful for younger learners and iNaturalist more suitable for intermediate and up because it provides the geographical coordinates, the crowd sourcing for data and more in-depth information. Additionally it requires credentials to access the feed which is a little tricky for our younger students. Both tools do essentially the same thing, but one is more accessible for younger learners.