What is Stocard?

Stocard – Your Mobile Wallet

By Juliano Ng on May 30, 2020, original post

Mobile culture is readily used in most transaction. Covid-19 has changed the ideology of the use of money. Since the public is fearful of contracting a deadly disease majority of businesses are going touchless. Debit tap is a common sign I see at the grocery store, gas stations or fast food palces. Most places, southern Alberta, are encouraging tap and not accepting physical money. The banking system and client cards are now becoming virtual. Stocard was first introduced to me a year ago. My 10 year old daughter explained that my old school brain and way of thinking allows me to carry 50 types of cards for various stores, gas stations and my bank/credit cards. She explained that there is an app that can store my cards with a password and protected with a face ID on my iphone. I am willing participant and astonished at my daughter’s understanding of client cards so I downloaded the app. It has made transactions more interesting, easy and fast. Stocard has now led me to Iphone Wallet and RBC wallet. As long as my Telus mobility bill is paid on time, I can access my cards and use them virtually with a signal. My Iwatch is now my new added wallet. I do not openly encourage the use of apps on mobile devices but I am noticing more adults in my age range are interested. Mobile technology on the consumer level is easy to navigate and use.

One response to “What is Stocard?”

1. andrea newland celestine

Many companies are using NFC technology to enable the ability for card transactions via mobile devices. What would be interesting is if they take this further and make a money management/ budgeting application as well. The banks can create these apps. You can see where your money goes while you spend. It will be placed in budgets that you set. They can also provide incentives to choosing that bank ie) store, restaurant and travel discounts.