3 responses to “A1 – Mobile and Remote Assessment Made Easy”

1. markmpepe

Hi Anton,

I use Google Classroom extensively with my grades 4 to 7 classes for music and French. Going completely paperless has been amazing when it comes to assessment because I can do it anywhere, on my laptop or phone. I’ve also used apps like Flipgrid and Kahoot! that easily connect to my Google Classrooms. I’ve also noticed that these apps have connection to Microsoft Teams. You video was also very informative in how Teams works. I might be moving to a school next year that uses Teams extensively; so this was helpful.

Mark

2. EmilyChen

Hi Anton,

I really enjoyed your video! I like the format of how you made it. Viewers get to see you in person, and you used screen recording to show exactly how Microsoft Teams work, and at the end you changed a different scene to show you at work! The different scenes really make the video more interesting and engaging.

In terms of content of your video, I actually learned a lot. It seems like Microsoft Teams has great features for doing student assessment. I wonder if Microsoft Teams can act as an LMS? Or is it better as a supplement? How would you suggest teachers to use to create a good online learning space to compliment face to face class time? Thank you!

1. johannes dirk wielenga

I echo Emily’s sentiments – good storyboarding and editing in this video for sure. She also brings up one of the most contentious issues I think about when it comes to all the different apps and programs I use with my students… It can often become very convoluted when trying to use a smattering of digital tech at the same time and not dedicating certain tech to certain functions. Should I grade all the work in Teams, or should I have students upload their work to Google Classrooms and grade/comment there instead? What about the countless other software that educators use that all try to build LMS systems within, in order to become a bigger presence in the classroom? I don’t think we are in a golden age when it comes to LMS yet, I think we are in the trenches battling it out by seeing what works and what doesn’t. And every corporation has skin in the game which just further muddies the field.