Hello from Ontario!

Hi everyone,

My name is Asha and I’m a Vice-Principal here in Ontario in the Toronto area. I was a French immersion teacher in elementary schools for many years, and also have my special education qualifications so worked as part of the In School Support team supporting students in schools. I am also a busy mom of two boys in grade 5 & 10 and have wanted to pursue my Masters for many years so I am really looking forward to learning with all of you!

I learned a great deal when I had to lead my staff through pivoting to fully online instruction during our school closures during lockdowns here in Ontario. I am very interested in continuing to learn and grow my own knowledge to support staff and further explore online learning and teaching. Having my own children at home learning online was a great opportunity to see both sides of our new evolving landscape of digital learning.

This is my first time using many of these learning platforms and I’m already enjoying learning so many new ways to connect with others and learn from them. Prior to working in the education sector, I worked in finance & logistics so I enjoy taking on big projects, working through the challenges they present and collaborating with others. I’m hoping to learn as much as I can both from this course and from each other.

As a family we love to travel and learn about new places and meet new people. I think the future of education is already very global and I’m very interested in finding ways to provide access to education to students in remote areas or who cannot afford laptops/computers and I think that mobile learning is a great tool to use to close that gap.

Asha Pippo

One response to “Hello from Ontario!”

1. emma markoff

Hi Asha! It is nice to meet you – I am a fellow GTA classmate. 🙂

This is also my first time using this type of platform thus far. I am looking forward to learning about it during the course!

Emma