A1 : Elevate – An app to support skill training through games

Elevate is not another app for language acquisition; however, it helps in mastering different skills related to this domain and others. To this end, Elevate applies several strategies, but it focuses on gamification and microlearning. With this presentation, I would like to highlight some key concepts that support the use of Elevate for educational purposes and its most prominent issues.

I tried this app and found it really interesting. If you want, use the seven-day trial to explore it or leave your comments and questions as a reply to this post. It would be my pleasure to share with you my experience. A PDF version of this presentation is available for your convenience at the bottom of the post.

Elevate App: An app to support skill training through games

( Average Rating: 4.5 )

2 responses to “A1 : Elevate – An app to support skill training through games”

1. Nicole Kenny

Hi Deisy,
    Thanks for providing an overview of the Elevate app. In watching the video you put together and my review of the website, I am not sure who the target audience would be. Is this geared towards learners with average or high intelligence to improve their skills or will this app support those with learning disabilities just as dyslexia or dyscalculia? I also found one of the comments interesting:

“I’m really liking these quizzes so far, but I’m very rusty on math, and I would like to see a summary of what I got right and wrong on the math quizzes, and I’ve noticed barely any of them do that. I take screenshots of the end results sometimes so I can go over them more meticulously and replicate how I got them correct or how to get them correctly next time. I know some of these quizzes are new and still developing, but it would be really awesome if that was made possible in the near future.”

With your experience in using the app what are your thoughts on the above comment and the impact of not knowing what you got right or wrong on the learner’s ability to improve their skills?

2. hasssae1

Hi Deisy,
    I enjoyed this presentation, nice job highlighting the key features of Elevate. One thing that I think is super neat with Elevate is that the program will adjust to the user skills. However, a question crossed my mind as I was watching this and was hoping to collect your feedback on it; does research support the claims that Elevate makes? In other words, how can we measure that Elevate users in fact have had performance increases as a result of using the app? Thank you.