5 responses to “A3: Claritoon – A different AI video generator”

1. Katie

Michelle & Catherine
    Thank you for this innovative idea to support educators. I got a really clear picture of what your idea for an app was about, and appreciated your clear, concise, and professional delivery of this idea. I appreciated that you specifically outlined a problem that you were trying to solve with this tool, as it immediately demonstrates its real-world application. I liked that you asked your colleagues to provide their opinions for you on this idea and integrated quotes or insights from industry experts to add depth to your project. The demo you have created showed an incredible amount of depth and forethought for what users can expect and showcased accessibility tools such as audio and visual cues. I think I would have liked to see what the app would look like from the educator perspective, when creating interactive instructions.

2. Debbie Chen

Hi Catherine and Michelle,
    Your website design for Claritoon is not only neat and clear but also exceptionally concise. Navigating through your content was a joy, and it left me eager to delve deeper into the world of Claritoon.
    The proposal for Claritoon demonstrates a keen eye for simplicity and accessibility. The emphasis on a teacher-centric approach, generating a QR code for easy access without student log-ins, adds a layer of practicality. Your vision aligns seamlessly with the evolving needs of primary education, and the user-friendly features you propose make the application appear not just promising but indispensable.
    The existing technology videos you shared are simple, easy to learn, and undoubtedly useful. They provide valuable insights and set a standard for what educational technology should be.
    The detailed explanation of how Claritoon works, from generating QR codes to personalized step-by-step instructions through cartoon animations, paints a vivid picture of its potential impact. The incorporation of video elements is a smart move, enhancing the effectiveness of instructions for students with different learning styles.
    The incorporation of feedback from colleagues adds a practical touch, demonstrating that you’re not just theorizing but actively refining your project based on real-world insights.
    I’m genuinely excited about Claritoon and how it could revolutionize the teaching experience for elementary educators. I’m looking forward to seeing Claritoon develop and make a significant impact in the world of primary education.

1. cathli

Thank you Debbie for your feedback!

3. Sebastian Seo

Your welcome page caught my attention as I currently work with special needs students and students with disabilities at an elementary school. I also like the existing technologies you provided on this page and will explore using them in the classroom.

This is a practical and unique solution to a common problem many teachers/instructors face in the classroom. Love the video with images and audio instruction to aid students in completing the task. Although my students have a wide range of unique learning styles and preferences, I feel most of my students would benefit from visual and auditory supports. Most of the autistic individuals I’ve worked with are visual learners, but some respond better to sound based information.

In the genially slide, I cannot go past step 1 and not sure if this was the final slide?

Do you know any local BC companies that develop apps/solutions for autistic students/individuals? I’m interested to see what they’ve produced, what they’re producing, and what they’re hoping to produce.

1. cathli

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your comments! We only developed step 1 for the Genially slide to give our audience a sneak peek of how the result of a generated video would look like.

I’m not from BC so I’m not familiar with BC companies. However, I came across this article from McGill University about the research and development of a tablet-based application to help children with autism and hyperlexia learn to understand what they read.

https://www.mcgill.ca/channels/channels/news/helping-children-autism-and-hyperlexia-learn-understand-what-they-read-333217