Week 4 Introduction

I knew mobile culture would bring some great ideas to the table.  Thank you.  Fully worthwhile.

Interesting to see the balance of the “concerns” stream with the “pleasantly surprised” stream, and that the digital divide question isn’t as provocative as it used to be.  Mobile is growing up.

Movable Feast teams should be meeting and underway. I’ve heard from many of you with questions regarding your A1 assignments, which should also be underway by now.  I welcome any additional questions and ideas you might have for this assignment.

I’m betting some of the Mobile Technology and Mobile Culture territory we covered in the last couple of weeks was a bit alien for some of you, and hopefully the Mobile Education topic this week will feel a little more familiar(?).   We’ll see!

As a gentle reminder about participatory etiquette, as we move toward Week 5 please make sure all of your Week 4 contributions are in place before midnight next Sunday. There has been little leakage across our week-to-week boundaries so far, but I’m expecting this to dry up as the Movable Feast begins: being off-topic will be considered discourteous peer participation. This doesn’t include genuine elements of open Chatter, which will always be in sync with the flow and spirit of the course.

And yes, keep on offering ratings, recommendations and reviews as you encounter ideas that inspire you.

Don’t hesitate to email me if you have questions.

Thanks!

David