Introduction

I am Aldene Crew from Kingston Jamaica, I am currently employed to the currently to the Council of Community Colleges of Jamaica in the capacity of Testing and Measurement Officer and Distance Education Coordinator. I have a deep passion for helping others in particular kids.

I selected the below image, because education is a vehicle for social mobility and with the ever changing technology student have access to various platforms and media to enhance the learning experience. Additionally, the incorporation of infusion of technology has change the way students text and write, it could also be argued that this has brought some level of excitement and interest among the students.

This is my second MET course and I am very interested to see how text and technology can improve the teaching and learning experience.

Looking forward to working with my classmates and instructors.

Wishing everyone a productive Semester.

Aldene Crew

IMG-20150515-WA0000

3 thoughts on “Introduction

1. Welcome Aldene. I love how we get to learn from people from around the world. I’m interested in hearing about education in Jamaica.

2. Nice to meet you Aldene! Technology has given our kids opportunities not only to enhance their learning but also to show their talent globally. I look forward learning and working with you 🙂

Rakhshanda