Chris Sandor Introduction

Pencil art

This picture speaks to me as I find we are getting caught up in the discussion around technology and learning with a very narrow view of what technology is. Some educators embrace technology and some feel that technology is on the precipice of ruining all that is good about education. My own perspective is that technology is merely a tool and we need to be very careful about how we define the tool or technology we are using.

My name is Chris Sandor and this is my 8th MET course. I am excited about the opportunities for learning in this course as a former Social Studies teacher and now school administrator the historical perspective around text and technology that this course will hopefully present has hooked me already.

2 thoughts on “Chris Sandor Introduction

1. Hi Chris;
    Dynamite image! The magnification makes me think of how we need to also focus on the detail of technology. The words that comes to me is ‘space makers’. How we read words also includes acknowledging the spaces between each word. There are two ends and multiple sides to most forms of technology.
    Terry