Bre’s Introduction

Hi there! My name is Breanna and I am currently living in Vancouver, B.C. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Bachelor of Education. I started teaching in 2009, and I am currently teaching at an all-boys, private school in Vancouver. I teach Grade 2 part time and work as a literacy specialist for the primary grade (Grade 1 – 3). Naturally, text and the ability to read text is something that interests me greatly, and subsequently, I am very much looking forward to taking this course.

I also love to hike, draw and cook. I am looking forward to spending this summer in San Diego and in Vancouver.

This is my 7th MET course .

I had trouble uploading my photo – but it is of my 2 year old niece, navigating her way through an iPad with ease and confidence. This picture reminds me how text has evolved and the technology that we use to read text has greatly evolved. Also, it demonstrates how toddlers/children have evolved in the use of technology and the ability to recognize text/symbols.

*Picture coming soon*

4 thoughts on “Bre’s Introduction

1. I can just picture the image you have in mind! Can’t wait to see you! Nice to meet you Bre – It’s great to see a fellow Vancouverite!

If you check out the discussions on connect there is help for getting your picture up!