Jonathan’s Intro

iPhone-new-Texting-App-2

Hi and sorry for the late reply…My name is Jonathan and I am a technology teacher in Vancouver. This year my teaching load includes: electronics, robotics, drafting, graphics, and woodwork. Although I work in Vancouver, I live part-time in Blaine, Washington where my family resides. I am currently awaiting official approval to live permanently in the US. My wife also recently gave birth to our first child and so I am also juggling the experience of being a new father.

The image above represents my constantly being on the move, the never-ending list of things to do, and the need to have technology at my fingertips in order to make progress and expand my learning and vision.  I am interested in this course because I have an interest in how literacy, reading and writing are changing for this younger generation and to better understand what practices are best applied to this changing landscape. I look forward to working with all of you!

One thought on “Jonathan’s Intro

1. Robotics and woodwork? Quoting the great philosopher Rod Stewart: “Some guys have all the luck”. That is just great. Welcome!