Assignment 2: The Printing Press and Mass literacy

Introduction:  

For our video we wanted to find a medium that allowed for us to collaborate asynchronously as we are living on opposite ends of the world. After discussing a number of options we decided to create an academic styled Prezi with images, text, video, and a voice over. The advantages of this was that we could collaborate or work on our own to produce our presentation. A challenge we faced was finding times when we were both free to discuss future steps, however with planning it worked out well. Writing our script on a Google Doc allowed us to share our research, edit and proofread each other’s work, and it allowed us to comment and question each other’s ideas.

Here is a link to access our prezi. Jesse and Mehdia’s Prezi

Through this process we learned a lot about literacy, the printing press, and medieval times. While challenging at times, we are proud of our work, and hope you enjoy our presentation!

Jesse & Mehdia

One thought on “Assignment 2: The Printing Press and Mass literacy

1. Jessie and Mehdia,
    Your Prezi was really good and I learned a lot from it. I had researched themes a little similar to your own, but from the angle of writing genres. I’m impressed that you found such a great Youtube video (very informative) as well as several still images to support the points you wanted to make.
    There is no authentic moving footage of that era, so the movies that recreated that era helped to demonstrate what a scriptorium, print workshop, and so on were about.
    How interesting that early printed books often were travel books. I guess the opening up of the ‘new world’ would have been on hot on people’s minds.
    Just one query – you left all the image references and references for statistics to the end, rather than including any hyperlinks where the images or statistics appeared, or attaching hyperinks for the source to the image itself. I am wondering if Prezi has some limitations with that type of link reference?
    Great audio, and nice Prezi to view.