Shifting Economies of Book Productions

Every topic given for the video production was new to me. So I chose “Shifting economies of book production” and its impact on education or literacy. I knew nothing about the ABC of history except history (not in-depth, it was just to pass the course) of sub content Indo-Pak. One more reason behind this “random selection” was to read about how one function could affect the other function with respect to time and space. Unfortunately, I read a lot but could not adjust accordingly. Maybe it was due to the vagueness of the concept about the social and cultural philosophies involved, which is my weak point. Usually I need more time to understand social notion of any ideology. Innis’s Empire and communication (2007) was very helpful in this challenging journey.

I started with the reference collection to write the script. It was very challenging. The main problem was the name of emperors, their empires, geographical regions and different time lines and so on.  If you had opportunity to see the document (video script) attached it is actually it is an abstract research document. Indeed, it was a learning journey but with full of hardships.

The real story was started dealing with the media “Video scribe.”  I chose it because I was familiar with its functions and preferred it over Pow toon. I was very confident that “It must be the easiest part of the assignment” but turned into a bad day of my life. It kept crashing whenever I tried to upload or tried to save (it might be my mistake?). Uploading video on YouTube was another challenge that includes “struggling long wait time” Maybe due to the video contents. It took hours to upload after frustrating “video rendering phase”. I switched three machine to get faster rendering.

However, I started documentary with the three dominant development in the history of human civilization that can be categorized as (1) oral or speech period, (2) drawing or writing and (3) Printing. Then I move to role of ancient media to the civilization of the time.  I just touch the topic because it was difficult to put everything in a 10 minute video.

Please, accept my apology because it has no commentary. I tried to make it compact, I hope you will have no difficulty to understand the flow.

Watch video documentary “Shifting Economies of Book Production”

documentry document(pdf)