Rip-Mix-Feed – Haiku Deck

haiku2

I selected Hauki Deck for my Rip.Mix.Feed assignment. It’s a great app for your tablet that fits the criteria for this assignment very well. (Gather digital content, mix it and recombine it, and then transmit it to share)

Here’s the blurb they have on their website.

Meet Haiku Deck, a completely new kind of presentation software. We make telling your story simple, beautiful, and fun. Whether it’s a breakthrough business idea, a photo slideshow for your blog, or a mini manifesto, we know you have amazing stories to tell and ideas to share. Haiku Deck helps you find your creative flow.

Why I like it is because it is so simple to use and creates presentations how I like them. Very little words with a lot of pictures. Students in any grade can easily grab an Ipad and create a presentation in minutes. As a business teacher I try and inform students not to put to much written on their presentations, which allows them to communicate their ideas effectively. Also pictures keep the audience interested.

This app can also create these presentations to be shared online very easily, for those who want to transmit their thoughts and ideas in a visual context.

Drawbacks – The only drawback that I have encountered when using the app is its ability to put a lot of information on the page or links but you aren’t using this program to create professional presentations.

One thought on “Rip-Mix-Feed – Haiku Deck