Just another UBC Blogs site

COMM296 Beats by Dr.Dre (1) – Sound Quality

I still remember that I carried Sony walkman all the time, back in the day in elementary school, and played the same cassette tape over and over again until the tape became no longer usable. Few years later, in high school, I bought Sony CDplayer and was amused by clear sound. Now with my iPod and Beats by Dr.Dre headphone, better than ever before!

To those who might not know the company, Beats by Dr.Dre, I’d like to briefly introduce the company. Beats by Dr.Dre was founded in 2006 by a hiphop artist, Dr.Dre, and American music producer, Jimmy Lovine. Its products are all about sound QUALITY and fashion as well. The prices are quite a bit expensive compared to other companies. However, if you love music and fashion, I’m sure that you want to try any of its products because its sound quality is amazingly awesome!

Here is a video clip from youtube.com, and I want you to take a look

Did you find people in the video kept talking about QUALITY and QUALITY? Applying the concept of Maslow’s hierarchy needs, I believe most people are satisfied with the first three fundamental needs – physiological, safety, and love & belonging – so they would want to improve the quality of their lives in many ways.

For those people, especially music lovers, the company developed high-end headphone.

Here is what Dr.Dre said.

“People aren’t hearing all the music. Artists and producers work hard in the studio perfecting their sound. But people can’t really hear it with normal headphones. Most headphones can’t handle the bass, the detail, the dynamics. Bottom line, the music doesn’t move you. With Beats, people are going to hear what the artists hear, and listen to the music the way they should: the way I do.”

In value-based marketing era, Dr.Dre correctly understood what customers wanted and needed, and he satisfied them with unprecedented products. That’s why I think Beats by Dr.Dre has been so successful in its industry.

There are no comments yet...

Kick things off by filling out the form below.