Blog #3- comments on Canadian Marketing Assocaition” You are the prpduct”

After reading this post on internet personal information privacy, it causes me to started to think is it really worth it, like the blog mentioned ;to trade off of our privacy in return for a better customer experience of getting “free” access to more contents online? I now feel the trade-off is sometimes dangerous and not “free” at all, companies are luring people to provide them with personal information for the purpose of data collection in order to make marketing analysis to achieve long-term profit. However, I personal think it is not a business ethic problem, it is a cost-benefit problem for the people to decide whether to use this service or not, and sometimes, it is beneficial and worth it to trade in our information for the services it provides. In this mobility era, we are always communicating with each other through wireless network and making connections to variety of online services, without the access of those network, it is hard to build and maintain connections with the outside world.

http://www.the-cma.org/about/blog/you-are-the-product