“Open Happiness”

As I was watching videos on YouTube, one of the Coca-Cola commercial pops up as my video’s pre-ads. I am not an ads person. I always skip the ads after its 5 seconds playing, but not for this time. Coca-Cola has great commercials. I enjoy watch every Coca-Cola ads.

Then I questioned myself, what makes Coca-Cola’s ads so attractive? Is that because I feel Coca-Cola taste better or the commercial’s self is good? I end up with watching 10 more Coca-Cola’s ads and I think I find out the answers. Unlike other ads, Coca-Cola’s commercial is not about selling their bottles; it is about sharing the feeling that everyone enjoys, happiness. Their commercial is trying to build a bond between their brand and the feeling of happiness. What a genius idea! It is just like the impression that Apple gives us is simpleness and that for Lululemon is yoga. With that in mind, I believe Coca-Cola is working on their impression toward happiness.

This also reminds me a marketing article that I have read, Push and Pull marketing strategies. Push is sellers offer or push the deals to the customers. For example, sellers ship their products to retail stores and customers see it and decide to buy. Pull is sellers interact with customers and wait for customers to take action. Coca-Cola is definitely using the pull strategy.  As a well-established brand, Coca-Cola creates their demand directly from their customers with their advertising campaigns all over the world.

As I scrolled down to the comments box, I read a comment from Anael “Bring happiness to Israel! We really need it! “. I realize maybe Coca-Cola is not only building their brand images, they are also delivering it to the world—happiness.

Check out the videos below, there might be one that will touch you. Enjoy.