Response to Ryan Yee’s Blog: New Organic Suspension in Cars!

In Ryan’s Blog, he talked about Mercedes-Benz’s commercial for their new “Magic Body Control” suspension system. The commercial uses chicken’s ability to keep heads relatively stationary as they move their bodies to demonstrate the stability of the new system. After I know the ability of the chicken from his blog, I realize that’s pretty a good idea to use this creative way to show the feature of the new system.

Actually before I read Ryan’s blog, I watched this commercial. At that time, I just found this commercial was funny. I guessed it wanted to show the stability, but it makes more sense when I know the ability of chicken.

In the case of this commercial, for people who already has known the ability of chicken would directly find out what Benz wants to demonstrate and feel it’s smart; for people who don’t know the ability of chicken would feel funny and maybe would question why they use chicken. The commercial is successful, because no matter which kind of group people, this commercial will catch their eyes and provide information, even though the perception are different.Each commercial or other kinds of advertisement are watched by different groups of people. Depends on their education or background, audiences would have different understanding of what they watch. Marketers should make sure that the ads would convey correct image and understandable information to their target customers.