Audio

by Heather Wik ~ June 17th, 2011. Filed under: Tool Kit.

Well this sure took a long time….with mixed success in the end.  I downloaded Audacity 1.3.13.  No problem.  I downloaded LAME.  I played around recording several things….well mostly getting my children to record several things.  I saved a file.  No problem.  Then the frustrating part.  I couldn’t export my file as an MP3.  It kept saying it couldn’t find “libmp3lame.dylib to create MP3s”.  I tried everything I could think of….but nothing worked.  I don’t know the difference between an MP3 and an MP2, so I tried exporting it as an MP2 and it worked.  It opened in iTunes and I could hear my girls singing.  But I couldn’t post that file here.  I really want to explore this further, as I’ve been looking for a way to record myself playing the piano so that I could send files to my mom. (My playing is something only a mother could love!)  So I think I’ll make my husband look at this tonight and see if he can find out what I did wrong.

1 Response to Audio

1.   Heather (me!)

So I worked WITH my husband on our desktop mac, and it all worked fine. We tried again on my laptop (also a mac) and it wouldn’t work. It appears to be an issue with LAME. Still trying to figure it out….