Italian Between Word and Image

The meaning of Italian language and culture—as told by students of Italian at UBC and SFU.

About

“What does Italian language and culture mean to you?” This digital gallery conveys the meaning of Italian language and culture…

by Isabella Factor

Third place winner When someone asks, “What does Italy mean to you?”, a flood of images comes to mind. There…

by Maria De Angelis

First place winner This piece means a lot to me. When I first started university, I was unsure about a…

by Tessa Pihl

Third place winner Italia per me è piena di bellezza e cultura.  L’artigianato, il cibo e l’architettura sono tutti una…

by Italia Paris

As an Italian I am fortunate enough to say I have experienced Italian culture and language first hand throughout my…

by Julie Hui

Second place winner The balance of beauty and potential. There is no accurate way to capture all facets of Italian…

by Jarrett McKee

Il moi viaggio cominciare a Roma Con un amico e anche un’amica Prima faccio colazione con un caffè Sono felice…

by Tristanio Coppola

Ho fatto un copione che significa la mia connessione ad Italia. View PDF version. by Tristanio Coppola, SFU Student of…

by Jacky Lee

In this artwork, Charles Leclerc is on his way to victory at the 2019 Italian Grand Prix, driving the Ferrari…

© 2020 Italian Between Word and Image. Theme by Anders Norén.