jasminewing

Greatest Lesson Learned [Comm 299]

March 20th, 2011 · No Comments

People come and go throughout our lives and teach us many lessons. Without even thinking about it, our lives have changed. The person who has taught me the greatest lesson and influenced me the most is my aunt Elaine. She was diagnosed with brain cancer about a year ago and fought a vicious battle until just after Christmas. She showed strength the entire time and never once complained. I visited her in her last few days and watched as her life quickly came to an end. She taught me to be strong and stick through the rough because that is all you can do. It is never right to blame the world or society for what path life has decided to take you on. After I started realizing how much my aunt influenced me, I started applying to things and trying to get involved. I stopped worrying about whether or not I got enough studying done or whether I should over-analyze everything single thing. She taught me that in the end things will happen to you but life is so short that you can not let anything bring you down. Most of all, the greatest lesson that she taught me was how to have courage. To face fear in its eyes and not simply back away.

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.