Response to Yohan’s post “audi 4 rings”

I would like to dedicate this blog post In response to Yohan’s blog stating the unethical aspect of the Audi’s 4-key rings. As Mr. Silver alluded to in class, Yohan’s perception to the commercial being unethical would have sprung from the fact that his Korean heritage gave him the cultural need to be refraining from such advertising techniques. For me, however, I seem to have been more influenced by the western style thinking that is also slowly implementing itself in the Korean society, as I do not find this advertisement as unethical at all.

As long as the advertisement does not contain false information , I believe anything should be possible. This type of competition would be beneficial to the consumers as they will be able to get a more realistic picture of the two products this way as each company will try to uncover the others’ shortcomings in order to make their own product stand out.  Digging deeper in to this “advertisement war” type of ads, as I posted a blog upon about a year ago, whereas BMW, and Audi went through several ads that showed how one was better than other, it shows how these ads do not necessarily deteriorate the image of either of these brands, but rather acts as a fun way to market both of these products.

For these type of truthful attack ads, although would be a nuisance to the companies being attacked, I believe that it provides great information for the consumers benefit.