Comment to a post on Jade’s blog

Burberry Fanpage on Facebook http://www.luxuo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/burberry-facebook-fan-page.jpg

I read a interesting post titled “Fashion’s Next Frontier for Social Media” onJade Su’s blog. It was a post about how fashion industries are using social networks such as Facebook to market their products as well as strengthen its brand identity. Jade also talked about her experience on how American Apparel’s Facebook event led her to know that there is a sale going on.

I also felt the same way with Jade that social networks is the best approach for fashion industries to reach out to its customers and advertise their new collections and promote their sales. I personally believe that these Facebook pages are alive as an unique individual with its brand identity. Any statuses, posts, or photos from that page represents the brand itself. I also feel that advertising using the social network is really efficient since the thousands of fans of that fashion industry’s Facebook page will able to see updates of the latest collections, events, and sales without going into the store in person first. Now days, people just look at the websites of fashion brands and see what they have and then decide to go to the store or not.