Katy at UBC

My second year at UBC!

Katy at UBC header image 2

Halloween in Vancouver

October 26th, 2010 by Katy

Halloween is definitely one of my favourite holidays, and there are so many fun things to do in Vancouver this time of year!

1) Fright Nights at the PNE: Every year the PNE opens late, and you can go on the rides in the dark! There are also actors in costumes, and haunted houses! This is definitely something to check out, but if you’re only going to do one thing this Halloween I would recommend #3.

2) Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Ridge Theatre: This only goes on for two nights (the 30th and 31st) at midnight. I went last year for the first time, and it was really fun, and also a little bit strange. If you’ve never been to a live showing of RHPS, I’d highly recommend it. You get to watch the movie with a cast of actors acting it out right in front of the screen, and throw things at the screen (toast, toilet paper etc.) If you haven’t been to one, the it’s a little hard to describe. It’s only $12.75 admission, but get there early so you’re guaranteed to get in.

3) The Haunted House in Dunbar: Wow. This haunted house is amazing. It’s free to get in, but you’re encouraged to give a donation (all proceeds will be donated to the B.C. Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund, the Christmas Bureau, and the Vancouver Police Union Charity Foundation). The sets and costumes are all very professional, and it takes the owners about 10 months to organize and create! Yes, this is done out of someone’s house, but I wouldn’t underestimate it. In my opinion, this is one of the best haunted houses in Vancouver. Their website can be found here: http://www.dunbarhauntedhouse.com/

x

Tags: No Comments

Leave A Comment

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.