Mini Update: Classes

It’s been over a month in with my studies so now I have a pretty good idea of how my classes work. I take 4 classes at CBS and it is the equivalent of 5 courses at UBC. Each class is approximately 3 hours long and I have them once a week, but not necessarily during the same time or day. To keep track of the changing class times, I downloaded a CBS app on my phone which I have to check often; it can be pretty easy to accidentally skip a class. I don’t have any assignments (aside from readings but let’s be honest) or quizzes.  The first couple weeks of classes, I had so much spare time I literally did not know what to do with myself. All of my classes are based 100% on the final, which is a huge contrast from UBC’s participation/attendance/quizzes/assignment grading format. 3 of my final exams will be entirely oral and based on a final paper which needs to be submitted ahead of time.  I’ve never done this type of exam before and I’m really excited to try it out.  Right now, I’m thinking school’s a breeze, but you know that feeling when it’s midterm season and you haven’t done any of the readings at all? Multiply that by two and that will probably be the intensity of my panic attack come final season.  But guess what? In the event of failure, I get 2 more chances to retake the final! Not that I’m planning to need those chances, of course. It may be a tad tough adjusting back to UBC classes in January, but for now I’m thoroughly enjoying this different learning style.

PS. I highly recommend my International Business Negotiation class. It’s both interesting and practical, and even though the class falls on Friday afternoons, I never want to miss it.  Also, the picture I used for this post is the interior of Dalgas Have, one of CBS’ buildings. Isn’t it cool?