Date: Oct 28, 2013 @ 5 pm – 6:30pm
Location: Wesbrook Building Room 100
Student RSVP On CareersOnline: https://ubc-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php/pid159875?mode=form&id=ec9e3fbae3636b2815ae77400fb638c1&s=event&ss=ws
The main purpose of the session is to help students understand how companies are increasingly finding and assessing talent, and what that means to them as they launch and manage their careers. We’ll cover:
- Building strong LinkedIn profile
- Building a network that will serve you well throughout your career
- Engaging your network to raise your profile as a thought leader in areas you are passionate about
- Networking your way into a warm conversation with prospective employers
- Tapping into alumni networks on LinkedIn
- And lots of time for questions. Hopefully, lots of questions!
A little more about Steve:
Canadian Marketing Manager
Global Content & Thought Leadership Team Member
Steve Watt leads Canadian marketing for LinkedIn’s disruptive employer branding and talent acquisition solutions. He is also a frequent keynote speaker at LinkedIn events for HR leaders throughout North America. When not speaking to corporate audiences, Steve can often be found on university campuses across Canada, sharing advice for career launch and management in today’s social media world.