Learn from 5 students who took their community engagement to the next level by:
- Taking initiative to apply for funding
- Taking ownership of the project by helping to design one based on the community’s need
- Building leadership skills by carrying out a vision from start to end
WHEN: 9:30 – 11am, Tuesday October 22, 2013
WHERE: Brock Hall Concourse, 1874 East Mall
RSVP: Maria Trujillo at: email@example.com
The brunch-time event is aimed to inspire students into re-imagining how they can take their involvement in local community organizations to the next level by taking advantage of the grants and funding available.
Often, all a community needs to kick off a worth-while program and event is a little extra resource and a committed individual with some vision. The UBC-CLI has grants for up to $1500 set aside for exactly this purpose. Through workshops and one-on-one sessions, the UBC-CLI has resources to help students:
- Navigate the funding and grant application process
- Connect students with community organizations
- Facilitate the development of project ideas
- Set realistic goals for projects to be pitched
Please contact Maria Trujillo (firstname.lastname@example.org) to RSVP as space (and brunch!) is limited.