Monday through Friday, 2-4 hours a day to a maximum of 20hrs/wk@ $14.23/hour, June 1, 2015 to August 31, 2015.
Closing date: May 30, 2015
Please apply at your earliest convenience if you are interested in this position and you meet the following requirements:
You are …
- A Canadian citizen, have Landed Immigrant status or a student work visa.
- A full-time student and will be returning to full-time studies next semester.
- A mature and responsible person, able to work with minimum supervision and instruction.
- Able to do work which requires lifting and carrying.
- You are interested in plant health and maintenance.
- You have excellent people skills.
- You don’t mind the heat in a greenhouse.
- Do not mind working with pesticides under supervision.
Field / greenhouse / nursery / garden center experience will serve as recommendation but is not a requirement.
Living on campus or very close to the UBC will be a recommendation.
How to Apply
Please limit your résumé 1 page.
Hand-deliver your application to:
Melina Biron (Greenhouse Manager),
Room 114, Horticulture Greenhouse, 6394 Stores Road/2334 West Mall
Or drop in my mailbox in Room 262, MacMillan Building.
Or mail to: Melina Biron
248 MacMillan Bld., 2357 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4
Tel: (604) 822-3283 Fax: (604) 822-6394