Biography

Hello everyone!

My name is Lia Slager. I am currently a student, in my third year at UBC, with over year 20 years of life experience. I was born and raised in North Vancouver, though my parents and the rest of my family are from Woodstock, Ontario. In my free time, I like to play catch up with school and drink wine I can’t afford.

I am working towards a Bachelor of Arts in Human Geography with a minor in Urban Studies. I also work part-time at Earls Restaurant + Bar as a waitress. My past professional experience includes managing retails stores (American Eagle and Encore Consignment) and working as a legal assistant that specialized in Strata Law, though that job was sadly replaced by a modern-day printer. Throughout high school, I was fortunate enough to travel extensively around Europe as well as South America. This is where I discovered my passion for architecture, the French language and history. Prior to starting my degree at UBC, I lived part-time in Trois-Pistoles, Quebec in order to learn French as a second language. I am expecting to finish my degree by the Spring of 2020. I was recommended by my friend to take English 301 as an upper elective because of its application to communicate in professional environments.

Following my undergraduate degree, I hope to attend school for my Masters of Architecture. I’m currently deciding where I would like to attend post-graduate education, though I hope to stay on the West Coast. My long-term goals include finding a career which combines my love for intentional design and preserving history, solving the affordable housing crisis in Vancouver as well as volunteering at local dog shelters.

I hope this gave you an idea of who I am. I look forward to working with everyone.

Have a day! 🙂

-Lia Slager