Things I Love Thursday

Tumultuous week! Summer this year is not shaping up to be quite the golden age I was hoping for, but there are some shiny bits regardless. First off, this great quote:

‘The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of the human race than the discovery of a new star.’
– Brillat-Savarin (1755-1826), French lawyer and gourmet

So true, so very, very true — in my case, anyway. Other great things I love:

♥ People who feed me candy. I have a drawer in my office desk dedicated to stashing sweet gifts; it helps keep me from low blood sugar.

♥ Speaking of feeding candy, Cut the Rope is my new favourite game on the iPod Touch. (Also available for Androids.)

♥ Satisfying my mussels craving at Salade de Fruits on Tuesday. A giant pot of mussels and a massive pile of fries for $14. Yes, please!

♥ This has been the coolest Vancouver summer I’ve had in the last four years, what with the random rain and wild temperature fluctuations. It’s made me all the more appreciative of days when we do have high skies and relentless sunshine (and here’s a little wish for more).

♥ Spotting a raccoon in our backyard when I was dropping by briefly to pick up a charger. Not a common sight in urban Vancouver in the daytime!

♥ How long the long grass grows.

♥ Basking under the sun at the Stanley Live concerts last Saturday and playing an impromptu game of peekaboo with two laughing toddler girls who decided that was they wanted to do with my otherwise lazy form.

♥ I have literally thousands of images saved on my computer. I love pictures and quotes. Although I haven’t had time to collect any more lately, I still like to browse through what I have because sometimes, something like this is exactly what I need:

Happy Thursday and have a good weekend!

2 responses to “Things I Love Thursday