Skip navigation

My friend Faria Sedighi had wrote about a long-lasting problem occurs in most metropolises worldwide. In her blog she pointed out that rising the parking fee is much a better and reliable solution to the increasingly serious parking problem when compared with the present parking app people use on smart phones. Those companies who own the parking app were not doing ethical business, stated in Faria’s blog, and those companies’ profit originated from selling public property.

Frankly speaking, I totally endorse the argument in this blog. The behavior of these companies mentioned above is doing a business unethical. However, on my own perspective, the initial motivation to create these kind of app is aiming at dealing with the parking problem which is not bad one. Apart from this, increasing the parking fee may ease the parking problem at the moment but it cannot stop the tendency that the number of cars is going to growing year by year.

On my view, some app work as the google map should be designed. This app ought to fix the position of the smart phone and provide the information of the car parks around the app users. Information like the location of the nearest car park and the number of available vacancies must be offered. Companies who make this app can charge a monthly fee to those who download it and discount can be considered if possible.

The app can be a bless, but it will stay as a curse if it still work as what described in Faria’s blog.