Text Trade

William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet RandJ graphic organizer

Nikita very clearly explained the content and purpose of the Prologue to Act I of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. He gave a succinct, line-by-line translation of the 14-line prologue, using the graphic organizer to reinforce the ideas, vocabulary, and overview of the play provided by these lines. Understanding Shakespeare is no easy feat–especially for those that have not studied it in years!–but Nikita was able to internalize the modernized translation of the text in order to then teach it to others. He even injected humour into his own teaching of it, which undoubtedly made the prologue considerably more enjoyable for others. He only struggled with the final line or two of the prologue, but this was not his fault: I had run out of time in my own 5 minutes while teaching Nikita, and rushed through the final lines, not giving Nikita enough explanation to understand the tricky language. Nevertheless, he attempted to explain the lines and still did extremely well conveying their meaning to our group. Overall, a wonderful job of teaching the Prologue. An English teacher in the making.

This entry was posted in Assignment 2 Content Area Text Trade. Bookmark the permalink.